Thank you for visiting us at The GLS Project website www.goodlisteningskills.org (the “Website”)
But we hope that you do find our Terms acceptable for serving you well.
PLEASE NOTE: Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Please read carefully, and note our ARBITRATION clause, which includes a WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION PROVISION.
3. Minors – People Less Than 18 Years Old
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age, and are fully able and competent to form a binding contract with the Entity and enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms.
IF YOU ARE LESS THAN 18 YEARS OLD, OR NOT FULLY ABLE AND COMPETENT TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH THE ENTITY PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE AND DO NOT PROVIDE US OR OTHER VISITORS TO THIS WEBSITE WITH ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
If your minor child has provided us with personally identifiable information, you may contact us using any of the methods listed in the section entitled “Contacting Us” if you want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to remove your child’s information from the database that stores the information.
Please review our entire Disclaimer, which also governs the Website and informs users of various limitations regarding the information provided on the Website.
Please take particular note of Disclaimer sections that fully discuss the following:
- Educational and Informational Purposes Only: The information contained on this Website and the resources available for download through this Website are for educational and informational purposes only, and not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as legal, financial, tax, medical, health, or any other professional advice.
- No Guarantees as to Results: We make no guarantees as to results. Your success or failure will be the result of your own efforts, your particular situation, your understanding of other interpersonal skills, and countless other circumstances beyond the control and/or knowledge of the Entity.
- Errors and Omissions: We have done our best to ensure that the information provided on this Website and the resources available for download are accurate and provide valuable information. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. Therefore, neither the Entity nor any of its owners or employees shall be held liable or responsible for any errors or omissions on this Website and in the resources available for download, or for any damage you may suffer as a result of failing to seek competent advice from a professional who is familiar with your situation.
- Personal Responsibility: Be aware of your personal responsibility for any harm or damage from your use, or non-use, of the information available on this Website or the resources available for download from this Website.
- Various Declarations: Please be familiar with our declarations regarding product reviews, and our use of affiliate links and personal testimonies.
- Links to Third Parties and Their Actions: As described fully in the Disclaimer the Website may contain links to other Websites (“Linked Websites”). The Linked Websites are not under the control of the Entity and the Entity is not responsible for the actions or contents of any Linked Website, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Website, or any changes or updates to a Linked Website. The Entity is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Entity of the Website or any association with its operators. You agree to access and use any Third-Party Sites and the third-party content contained therein at your own risk.
- Our statement of ‘No Warranties’
- Our ‘Limitation of Liability’
- Please also read all other Disclaimer sections
6. Email and Other Electronic Communications
Visiting the Website or sending emails to the Entity constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Website, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
We would be pleased to communicate with you by e-mail, and via the Website. Any such email or other electronic communication, however, does not create a business relationship or any contractual relationship with the Entity, or its employees and/or owner.
7. Third Party Services
We use third-party websites and organisations to deliver certain services via the Website. By using any product, service, or functionality originating from the Website, you hereby acknowledge and consent that the Entity may share such information and data with any third party with whom the Entity has a contractual relationship in order to provide the requested product, service or functionality on behalf of the Website’s users and customers.
8. Website Access and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website and any service or material we provide on the Website in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may in the future need to restrict access to parts (or all) of our Website to users, including registered users, and reserve full rights to do so.
If, at any point, you choose, or we provide you with, a username, password, or any other piece of information for you to access restricted areas of our Website or resources, you must ensure that this information is kept confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity.
You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
9. Appropriate Use of Forums
The Website may contain, or link to, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, social media, personal web pages, calendars, blog comment sections and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Forums”). You agree to use the Forums only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using any public or private Forum, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any topic, name, material or information that is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, libellous, infringing, obscene, vulgar, indecent, or unlawful;
- post material that is misleading or false;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue;
- upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Forum specifically allows such messages;
- post material that solicits funds, or contains stock touts;
- conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- provide false information about yourself, or impersonate another individual;
- violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Forum;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Materials uploaded to a Forum may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you upload the materials.
The Entity has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, the Entity reserves the right to review materials posted to a Forum and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. The Entity reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Forums at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
The Entity reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in the Entity ’s sole discretion.
9.1. Online Safety
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself in any Forum. The Entity does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Forum and, therefore, the Entity specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Forum and any actions resulting from your participation in any Forum. Managers and hosts are not authorised to be the Entity’s spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of the Entity.
10. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Website, you agree to use our Website and the resources available for download from the Website only for lawful purposes and in compliance with these Terms.
You may not use the Website and the resources available for download from the Website, and in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Website.
You must not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Website
11. Intellectual Property Rights
11.1. Prohibited Use of Content
You acknowledge and agree that all content and materials available on this Website, such as text, graphics, logos, images, products and services, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws and shall remain the sole property of the Entity or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from the Entity.
Except as expressly authorised by Entity in our Acceptable Use Guidelines, you must not:
- Republish material from our Website without prior written consent.
- Sell, license or rent material from our Website.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative works, adapt, edit, modify, copy, reverse-engineer, or otherwise exploit material on our Website for any purpose.
- Redistribute, transmit, publicly display, or publicly perform any content from our Website, including onto another Website.
As noted above, reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on this Website is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Entity. For information on requesting such permission, please contact us using the contact information listed in the section entitled “Contacting Us”.
The Entity name, the Entity logo, the Entity slogan, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are copyright to the Entity or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Entity.
The slogans "Let's Make Listening Fashionable", "Make Listening Fashionable" and variations are copyrighted: © 2019, Andrew G. Ward, The GLS Project, www.goodlisteningskills.org. All rights reserved. You may not use these slogans without our consent.
All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
11.2. Use of Templates and Forms
The Entity provides various templates and/or forms for download and/or sale on this Website. The Entity grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our templates and/or forms for your own personal or internal business use.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- except as otherwise provided, you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the templates and/or forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the templates and/or forms for your authorised use.
- by ordering or downloading templates and/or forms, those templates and/or forms may only be used by you for your personal or business use and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of the Entity.
- by ordering or downloading templates and/or forms, you shall not create any derivative work based upon the templates and/or forms and you shall not offer any competing products or services based upon any information contained in the templates and/or forms.
11.3. Use of Paid Courses, Programmes, and Associated Material
The Entity from time-to-time provides various courses, programmes, and associated material for sale on this Website. The Entity grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our courses, programmes, and associated material (collectively the “Courses”) for your own personal or internal business use.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- except as otherwise provided, you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Courses in any manner.
- by ordering or participating in Courses, the Courses you purchase or participate in may only be used by you for your personal or business use and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of the Entity.
- by ordering or participating in Courses, you shall not create any derivative work based upon the Courses and you shall not offer any competing products or services based upon any information contained in the Courses.
11.4. Use of Free Downloadable Content
The Entity provides various resources on this Website, which users may access by providing an email address. The Entity grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our resources provided in exchange for an email address (the “Freemium Content”) for your own personal or internal business use.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- except as otherwise provided, you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Freemium Content in any manner.
- by downloading the Freemium Content, the Freemium Content you download may only be used by you for your personal or business use and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of the Entity (some Freemium content contains explicit written consent allowing you to share it with others 🙂 ).
- by downloading the Freemium Content, you shall not create any derivative work based upon the Freemium Content and you shall not offer any competing products or services based upon any information contained in the Freemium Content.
11.5. Materials That You Provide To the Website
The Entity does not claim ownership of the materials that you provide to the Website (including feedback, ideas, suggestions, and improvements) or post, upload, input or submit to any website or our associated services (collectively “Submissions”).
However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing, or submitting your Submission you are granting the Entity, our affiliated companies, and necessary sub-licensees a royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses including, without limitation, the rights to:
- copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works, and reformat your Submission;
- publish your name in connection with your Submission.
- include such ideas in future products
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. The Entity is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may remove any Submission at any time in the Entity’s sole discretion.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing, or submitting your Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in this section including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
11.6. Guest Contributions
The Entity may, from time to time, provide information from a third party in the form of a podcast guest interview, interview on another platform, guest blog post, or other medium.
Individuals who agree to appear as guests on any interview conducted by the Entity agree to transfer all intellectual property rights they may have in any such interviews to the Entity and further provide a license to any rights they are unable to assign.
When people are invited to provide content for this Website (e.g. guest blog posts), these Guest Contributors shall retain the rights to the content they create for the Website. But they grant the Entity a non-exclusive license to publish this content in part or in full on the Website and in other Entity publications, including anything reasonably related to publishing it (like storing, displaying, reformatting, and distributing it). They also grant they grant the Entity a non-exclusive license to use this guest content to promote the Entity, including its Website, products, and content. Whenever using guest content, we at the Entity will always give attribution to the contributing Guest, including a working, follow-able link to the Guest’s website. We will never sell any Guest’s content to third parties without explicit permission from those Guest Contributors.
When Guest Contributors include content that they didn’t create, they are representing that they have the right to do so. For example, when a blog post contains content that was created by others, the Guest Contributor is representing that this content is in the public domain, used under license (including a free license, such as Creative Commons), or a fair use.
If you are interested in re-posting or publishing any guest content, you must contact the Guest Contributor directly. The Entity cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point. Be aware that the Entity does not control the information provided by such third-party guests, is not responsible for investigating the truth of any information provided, and cannot guarantee the veracity of any statements made by such guests.
12. Order and Return Policies
12.1. Product Delivery
We generally ship all physical orders within five business days.
For digital products that you’ve purchased that are delivered through a download link, you will be given a URL to access and download those purchased product(s). In such instances, you agree not to share the download link with other people who did not purchase the product(s).
For digital products that you’ve purchased that are delivered through a membership site, you will be given login instructions to access the course materials and tools. In such instances, you agree not to share your login information (including, but not limited to, username and password) with other people who did not purchase the product(s). You will not sell access to this program or duplicate and sell any of its content without written permission.
Use of content, unless otherwise stated, is for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not distribute content, print multiple copies, or use the content for public display or performance unless otherwise stated. See the Intellectual Property Rights section above for full details.
12.2. Subscription-Based Products and Services
Some of Entity’s products and services are offered on an ongoing basis with a monthly or yearly subscription.
12.2.1. Recurring Billing
By purchasing an ongoing product or service and providing or designating a Payment Method, you authorise Entity to charge you a monthly or yearly subscription fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the subscription service to your Payment Method.
You acknowledge that the amount billed each month or year may vary from month to month or year to year for reasons that may include differing amounts due to promotional offers (including VIP Code redemption and promotional code redemption), and/or changing or adding a plan, and you authorise us to charge your Payment Method for such varying amounts, which may be billed monthly or yearly in one or more charges.
For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
12.2.2. Price Changes
We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our subscription products and services or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion.
But we will notify you by email of any price changes to your product or service. This price change will take effect following that email notice to you, unless otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms.
You may cancel your subscription at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org,
You will continue to have access to that product or service through the end of the existing subscription period. That access will terminate at the completion of that period.
PLEASE BE AWARE: WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL-MONTH SUBSCRIPTION PERIODS.
12.3. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all our products. That money-back guarantee is governed by the following terms, except to the extent that the terms of a specific product or service provide otherwise.
If you are not completely satisfied with a particular purchase, you need to request your money back within 30 days of the purchase.
You may request your money back by emailing email@example.com.
That email must contain information about:
- the product you purchased
- the date of the purchase
- the email and name associated with the purchase.
You are not required to submit any proof that you have completed any work or meet any other requirements.
For physical products, in order to receive a refund you must do two things:
- Request a refund by email within 30 days as described above.
- Return everything that was shipped to you, including any bonuses. We will refund your money when we receive everything from that purchase in as-new condition at our offices no later than 60 days from the date of purchase. Please contact us to make alternative arrangements if 60 days is too few to return from your location.
For digital products you shall immediately cease using the material and shall destroy all copies of the information provided to you, including without limitation: video recordings, audio recordings, forms, template documents, slide shows, membership areas, social media groups limited to paying members, and any other resources.
Obtaining a refund on a particular purchase does not prevent you from continuing to use other products and services that you have purchased, and free content that you have downloaded from this Website.
13. No Warranties
Refer to Disclaimer for the Entity’s statement of ‘No Warranties’
14. Limitation of Liability
Refer to Disclaimer for the Entity’s statement of ‘Limitation of Liability’
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Entity, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for all losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the Website or services, any user postings made by you, your violation of any clauses of these Terms or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
The Entity reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Entity in asserting any available defences.
16. Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
17. International Users
The Website, content, and services are controlled, operated and administered by the Entity from our offices within New Zealand. If you access the Website, content, and services from a location outside New Zealand, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the Entity’s Content accessed through the Website in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE, THE ENTITY, ANY AND ALL CONTRACTS YOU ENTER INTO WITH THE ENTITY, AND ANY AND ALL OF THE ENTITY’S PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU ATTEMPT TO ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO PRESENT SUCH CLAIM ONLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION TO OCCUR IN WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND.
YOU FURTHER AGREE TO AND DO HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION AND AGREE, INSTEAD, TO CONDUCT AN ARBITRATION RELATED SOLELY TO ANY INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS YOU AND/OR ANY ENTITY RELATED TO YOU ASSERTS AGAINST THE ENTITY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT YOU SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH INITIATING THE ARBITRATION AND FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE ARBITRATION.
19. Termination and Access Restriction
20. Severability and Integration
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and the Entity as a result of this agreement or use of the Website.
The Entity’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of the Entity’s right to comply with governmental, court, and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Website or information provided to or gathered by the Entity with respect to such use.
If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this agreement and all related documents be written in English.
The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions.
You are expected to check these Terms from time to time so that you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.